While women’s rights in the workplace have come a long way since the 1960s, there are still
many improvements to be made — especially in male-dominated industries and occupations.
However, this shouldn’t stop you from working toward your career goals, asking for that
promotion you know you deserve, and becoming the natural-born leader you’re destined to be.
Patriot Resume Service can help you in key ways, starting with the information in this blog
post. With these 11 resources at your disposal, you’ll have the guidance and motivation you
need to land the job of your dreams, launch your own business, and navigate the male-
dominated world we live in. Read on to get started!
Land Your Dream Career
Whatever your dream job may be, these tips will help you to land it!
● Use online resources like idealist for everything from finding jobs at top-rated
companies, to learning news skills to self-care and networking.
● Create an optimized LinkedIn profile that displays your professional skills and
achievements — and includes several power words such as “engineered” and
“amplified”. These tips from Smarp will help you to do it.
● Have you been out of the workforce for a while? Craft a professional cover letter and
resume that lists your transferable skills, including those in communication, teamwork,
adaptability, technological literacy, and leadership.
Take the Entrepreneurial Route
If you’re ready to explore the many wonderful benefits that entrepreneurship can offer, these
resources will help you to get your women-owned business up and running.
● Why do women make fantastic business owners? Here are seven great reasons,
according to Women on Business.
● Complete these five essential steps to ensure that you’re up for the challenge of
● Can’t decide on a business idea? Some of the best business ideas for female
entrepreneurs range from interior designing and event planning to blogging and
● Need funding to get your business off the ground? Explore both government and non-
government grant programs for small business owners.
Know Your Workplace Rights
As a woman in the workplace, it’s important to understand your rights and know what to do in
the event of gender discrimination or sexual harrassment.
● Take some time to understand the signs of gender discrimination in the workplace, your
rights as a female worker, and the steps you can take if you’ve experienced
● If you’re experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace, these practical strategies can
help you to deal with the situation in the best possible way.
● Make a point to connect and support other women in your workplace.
● Don’t give up! These seven tips from The Muse will help you to excel as a working
woman in a male-dominated world.
Getting ahead as a woman in the workplace can be challenging, but it’s certainly not impossible.
Let Patriot Resume Service help. With these 11 resources to guide you, you’ll be on your way to landing your dream job, starting your own business, and closing the gap on equality.
Affiliate article by Gloria Martinez www.womenled.org